AccountManager Account Number
The AccountManager “Account Number” provides a place to store and organize account data as it relates to a specific Principal, such as the Principal’s Account Number for an account. Also, if you’re using SalesAnalysis you can store the default firm commission rate and the default account manager commission rate you wish to pay salespeople. The commission rates are then used by SalesAnalysis as default values.
Note: If the commission rates you want to store apply to all accounts then put it directly in the principal account profile not the Account Number as an account number is used when it applies to a particular account for a principal.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION related to setting up Account Number default commission rates.
1. Default Commission Rates can be stored on an Account Number for your “primary” SalesAnalysis account type. The “primary” SalesAnalysis account type is defined as being the first non-Principal, non-Representative tab in SalesAnalysis. If you choose an account other than your primary SalesAnalysis account type then you will not see commission rate fields.
2. Your primary account type must also have the field “Commission” turned on to “display” in the Account -Field Settings section of the AccountManager Configuration Profile. You need to be a System Administrator to do this.
3. You must have the authorization to view and modify these fields by checking “Allow Access to Maintenance/Commission Rates Views” checkbox in your User Profile. You need to be a System Administrator to do this. See User Profile Help for more information.
Creating Account Numbers:
(If you are creating more than one account number at a time you may want to use the Maintenance/Account Number view, see Maintenance help for more information.)
1. Open an Account and choose New/Account Number.
2. Populate the Principal Field by choosing a Principal.
3. Populate Account Number field if appropriate.
4. Populate Direct Firm Comm Rate with the commission rate you receive from this Principal when sold directly. (ex. 5%)
5. Populate Distribution Firm Comm Rate with the commission rate you receive from this Principal when sold through a distributor, enter same amount if same as direct.
6. Populate Direct Acct Mgr Comm Rate with the commission rate you pay on this Principal when sold directly. Remember this is the percentage of the firm commission you intend to pay salespeople. (ex. 25% of firm commission)
7. Populate Distribution Acct Mgr Comm Rate with the commission rate pay on this Principal when sold through a distributor, enter same amount if same as direct. Remember if the rate is the same for every account for this principal then it is easier to store this information in the principal account profile.
8. To save click “OK.”
[Account Number screenshot]